Our Customer Reviews
- Excellent service from Pete. From first emails to survey to installation. Always professional and knowledgeable about his products. Recommended. Thanks Leo Rabeneck Erith
- Brilliant company to deal with from start to finish. Pete could not have been more helpful in explaining our options and making sure we got what we wanted at the right price. Installation went smoothly today and we are very impressed with our new Solidor. Steven Rudolph Hornchurch
- Excellent service. Thanks. Grant England Langdon Hills
- Had the rock vermont fitted
It was was installed perfectly by pete and his helper Kevin green Bromley
- The product is great, and the service even better. Just from the interchange between the 2 chaps who installed our door checking their work twice or more, I just knew I would get a great result, and I certainly did. Great door, fitted perfectly. Vincent Luke Heald London
- Brilliant service provided by Pete from the start. Arrived punctually to survey and re-confirm online quote, explained everything in full, no pushy sales patter. Confirmed order and date finalised for fitting within 2 weeks, kept us updated of order progress and arrived again on time of day of installation.
On removing old door and frame, it could be seen job wasn't going to be as easy as hoped, however Pete and his assistant went through each problem in detail and always gave a number of solutions to overcome them. Quality of workmanship exceptional, door looks amazing and so, so happy.
Would highly recommend Pete and would use again without doubt. Guy Lear Gravesend, Kent
- I had a new front door fitted by Peter, which unfortunately had a fault with the glass. Peter not only sorted this out with the supplier, who replaced the door, then Peter installed the replacement door for free !!
Great customer service, I am very pleased with my new front door and would highly recommend Right Door to anybody.
Thanks again Peter.
Micky. Micky Bright Hornchurch
- We are extremely pleased with our new front door. Pete was professional, reliable and friendly. Many thanks. Laura Sammons Danbury
- Highly recommend Right Door, high quality materials, friendly professional staff, 1st class service & no hidden extras. Lisa Pomeroy Stanford Le Hope
- Had a new back door supplied and fitted by Pete. Superb quality and excellent workmanship 100% happy would thoroughly recommend to friends and family.
Anne R Anne Chelmsford
- We had a Rock Door professionally fitted by Pete and James and we are both delighted with their work. They arrived when they said they would, and the whole undertaking was performed with great attention to detail and with skill and care. Due to loss of strength in my hands, Pete was absolutely insistent that the door be easy for me to open, making numerous micro-adjustments without compromising security, to ensure I was 100% fully satisfied with the final fit.It's little things like that that make you realise you are dealing with true professionals who value their work and their customers and anything less than 100% is not good enough for them. I imagine that Pete is to Door Fitting as a Savile Row Tailor is to Suit Fitting. Both are exacting in their approach and professional and courteous. The work area was left completely clean and tidy afterwards. I would not hesitate to recommend Right Door to anyone wanting a professional installation. Thank you, gentlemen. Harvey & Jackie Colchester, Essex
- I don't normally leave reviews but the service/work carried out by Pete and James was second to none. I was looking for a Rockdoor to replace my current uPVC door which was falling apart, having got a few quotes and speaking directly to Rockdoor who highly recommended Pete/Right Door who I got in touch with and after a few messages set up a meeting to measure up & price. If I am truly honest I was expecting some sort of salesmans pitch/upsale as that is what I am used to but NOPE Pete was good as gold! gave me the information I needed to make my own mind up without the slightest bit of pressure. There was a slight problem with my brickwork as the old canopy had been removed which took out a couple of bricks, Pete worked around this problem and installed the door without any problems. Pete's attention to detail from day one, I knew I had chosen the right man to install the right door which looks amazing and makes the house look 100 times better than than uPVC door did. I have been recommending Pete to my family and friends and I am sure I will be seeing Pete in the future when I am replacing my windows, if you are looking to get your door/ windows give Pete a call you won't regret it! Shah Kamali Barking
- Just arrived home from work to find our new front door (WOW) had been installed, thankyou for not only providing a superior product that matched our bespoke requirements but it was also fitted to perfection. Great jobs guys and you have left us all grinning like cheshire cats this evening as we admire our new entrance :) saul West Wickham
- We have choose right door to replace our front door. Pete has demonstrated to be a professional person since the first time he came to assert the work. The attention to detail and level of service has been outstanding. The job was completed by Pete on time, we choose Rock Door , price was competitive and the finish was outstanding.
We have decided to replace two windows we look forward to receiving the same service by Pete
I highly recommended Pete for what he can deliver, no wasting time in looking for someone else
Fabio&Francesca Fabio Morello Wanstead
- I had a new front Rock Door fitted a week ago and Patio doors fitted as well a week later. The whole process from start to finish was absolutely trouble free Pete McCarthy was very professional. The installation was very efficient and both Pete and his partner James attention to detail was a joy to watch. The finished job was of the highest standard. Anybody would struggle to find any faults. I would not hesitate to recommend them.
Dave Jenkins David Jenkins 1 Sycamore Close, Loughton, Essex, IG10 2PG
- I echo all the comments above. Our door was not easy to fit (old house with unexpected cavities & obstructions). Pete worked to find a solution which avoided ending up with a narrow doorway - extra work but all within the agreed price. Thanks. Derek Steeden London
- Really pleased with our new door and side window. Would not hesitate to recommend Pete from Right Door. The fitting was done with care and attention to detail. Everything left clean and tidy. Sue Enfield
- Had a rock door fitted today. To say I'm pleased is an understatement. Pete and his mate arrived on time, and fitted my door to perfection. Pete involved me in choices outside the normal fitting. Such as the finish around frame inside and out and Threshold. Attention to detail was spot on , they even clean up inside and out. Can't recommmed right door enough. Thank you Stacey crump Ware, Hertfordshire
- House transformed by having Ultimate doors fitted front and back.Straightforward process from Pete, good communication, on time and a quality finish. 100% satisfied and would certainly recommend his service and product. Nick Stanstead Abbotts
- Had a Rockdoor installed, and was extremely please with both the ordering, delivery and installation process, Very professional all round. Will recommend without any doubt<br />
ANC ANC Petts Wood
- Rarely am I a 100% happy with work that is done on my property, but I have to say I have been impressed with Right Door from start to finish. Right Door gave me excellent advice and took time to help me select the correct door for my property and for my budget.
On the day of the installation the guys arrived and got straight on with it, the install was a success and they are definitely perfectionists staying until everything was complete. I only make recommendations with services that I am truly impressed with and this is one of them! Dave Andrews Northweald, Essex
- Pete and the team dealt with all my questions prior to his visit. Once I was satisfied I wanted to proceed, he visited my home to measure up and thoroughly went through everything that he needed to ensure we understood. On the day of fitting, he arrived as planned and carefully went about fitting my new door, changing the orientation compared to my previous door. When he was finished there was hardly any clearing up to do as he ensured the area was clean and tidy. The door looks fabulous and my wife is really pleased. I would have no hesitation in recommending Pete and Right Door if you want a nice new Rock Door fitted. Richard Parker Chelmsford
- A great service, from first contact to measuring up and then installation. The door and fittings are great quality and at a very competitive price. I would highly recommend using Right Door. Gill Philpott Witham
- Pete was great – very thorough from start to finish. From taking us through the options available through to the fitting and getting the finish just right. The door is great – the finish is lovely. Overall I am delighted with the quality of the product and the fitting – I’d definitely recommend Pete at Right Door. James Holland South East London
- Review of Right Door:
This review will be significantly longer, I wrote it so prospective customers could appreciate the amount of work and skill that goes into fitting a door and to see what you're getting for your money. It's also because I know some customers will want a discount right from the start for some reason, sometimes as if it's an entitlement. I'd say you get what you pay for, “buy cheap, buy twice” and in hindsight, Right Door is worth every penny. If you have to wait and save to get one, I'd recommend doing so.
The price you get quoted is the price you pay, no hidden extras but there are optional extras you can choose if you wish.
I decided to have an Ultimate Rockdoor installed and after another vendor stated that they were unable to fit one due to the current door being too narrow. I live in a small Victorian house so the door itself is a little on the small side.
I spoke to Pete of Right Door but he was initially not available to speak but he did call me back and we discussed what I needed.
He came down and conducted a detailed assessment (measurements) and stated that it was in fact possible to have a Rockdoor installed.
Pete discussed all the door accessories and explained in detail what each type was. I chose to have a letterbox and asked for the 4 hook system plus laminated glass – all in an effort to reduce my home insurance premiums and my heating bill !
After that, Pete ticked off what I asked on a sheet, showed it to me and asked me how I wanted to proceed. He asked if I wanted to think about it first or go right ahead, there was no pressure to commit there and then but of course I went ahead.
I suggested a few possible dates for the door fitting and Pete was very flexible and we agreed a date. In between the consultation and the fitting date, I had a few technical questions for Pete and he answered them satisfactorily without any issue.
The initial impression I got from Pete is that he is upfront, honest and transparent; transparent about his qualifications and costs. He never pressures you to choose anything in particular, he's quite impartial and the choice really is yours.
Pete and his colleague James arrived at the agreed time and started work.
He took care to lay sheets so as to reduce any mess.
He removed the old door really quite quickly and started work on removing the old frame.
He then carried out the necessary structural adjustments so as to ensure that the new frame and door would fit: this may sound simple but wooden battens had to be put in place so the new door frame would be supported by a solid foundation.
Throughout the installation, Pete and James were cleaning as they went, inside and immediately outside.
Three quarters through installation Pete was contacted by a customer asking about the installation of a Rockdoor so depending on how you want to view this, sure there was a slight delay but on the other hand, Pete and James are clearly in high demand.
Once the door and frame were fitted, next came the finishing touches which included sealing the gaps around the frame with foam and the using silicon to seal in the edges.
Pete would not leave until it was perfect and whilst watching him work, it was immediately clear that he takes great pride in his work and the level of effort and care taken is something you'd expect from either a member of family or a close friend – very rare in today's commercial environment where it's often about making a quick buck.
Pete “made good” on what the door came with initially in terms of fixtures etc.. and helped me fit my “Secure by Design” door chain without complaint.
Pete showed me how to use the new locking mechanism on my new door and made the adjustments in terms of the tension in the lock: more tension or less depending on personal preference.
He also made sure that I knew how to operate the door by asking me to show him as well.
He made sure that I was completely happy with the level of effort it took to turn the key and open the door (I didn't know this was adjustable) before leaving me with necessary Rockdoor paperwork.
Needless to say, I paid Pete immediately on the same day.
Time to fit door: just over 6 hours
Would I recommend RightDoor: Absolutely ! Pete and James clearly work well together and installation definitely isn't a one man job !
The Rockdoor itself:
Having spent hours reading up on the Rock Door, seeing it in person was even better. The door is a solid slab – sure it's not made of wood but then wood can warp and expands and contracts depending on the weather. Wood can also rot if not maintained.
What I was impressed with was the door handles: thick steel and the part near the key hold was reinforced with extra plating. Internally, the Rock Door comes with a cylinder guard. What is the cylinder guard for? Well it's to stop a burglar getting any further past your lock cylinder. If a burglar manages to snap the cylinder, it doesn't matter how strong your door is, he'll be in your home in seconds (plenty of articles on google about lock snapping). Very few doors have cylinder guards so already you're more secure.
The multipoint locking system is a 2 star SKG brand which is as far as I know the highest for things door accessories e.g. door handles etc.: Only door locks can go any higher to 3 star.
The door is reinforced with carbon fibre which is stronger than steel believe it or not.
Don't believe me? Watch James HAMMOND of Top Gear see how much stronger carbon fibre is to steel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjErH4_1fks
If I had to suggest any room for improvement, I'd suggest increasing the number of door handles on offer and also allowing customers to choose what Euro Cylinder gets added as standard: i.e. Ultion or Avocet ABS. Those two are 3 star and Secure by Design.
So if you've just moved into a new home and need a new door, call Pete.
If you're looking to sell your home and want to make a favourable impression by installing a new door, call Pete.
And if Carlsberg did doors.... they'd call Pete..
This review is an accurate reflection of work by Right Door and I write it of my own free will and have not been offered or accepted any financial incentive to do so Mr S. Kent